Monday, August 06, 2007

Baggo!


So... another good day, proving that Life can be sweet! The beach on a sunny weekend, summer day with good friends & ice cold beers spells good times. The ocean water temp. was 70 degrees... at least. Jae Lee, Mike W., and I headed down to Torrey Pines after lunch to set up camp in front of tower 7 away from the madness at the mouth of the lagoon. Unfortunately, the mighty Pacific took a day off and was more or less flat, making the decision to lug our 40 lb. longboards ~ a mile seem vain. I didn't matter. Once base camp had been established and we had been "rehydrated" by cold beverages, the good times that is BAGGO began (TY MW). I hadn't seen or heard of this game before. Apparently, it's really popular in the Midwest. Jae Lee brought a little experience to the table, having played some Baggo before, when he lived in Chicago. It's a really simple game, but loads of fun. We spent about 6 hours on the beach playing Baggo non stop. As hard as it is to admit... Jae Lee dominated. It was only until we wore him down late in the day, that I dethroned him. I have to say, I think it might blow "Root" out of the water. Jenn, we might have to get one of these.

Addendum: if there was any debate as to the quality of day it really was...
Fallen soldiers: 11 Tecates, 12 Bud Lites, & 10 Coors Lites. Ted is to thank for the reinforcements & food at a desperate hour.

1 comment:

appojax said...

Baggo...dude where the hell were they hiding when I was living in the Midwest? That looks fun, kind of a drunk twist on the old carny game for stuffed animals and trinkets.
Yo Larry I would be down for a collab. I submitted to FACA-4 and have not yet heard back. It's down to the finals (Raja vs that loser, Cannon Father) now.