Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Geek Squad is taking over.

I was easing into my morning, enjoying my daily cup of vanilla nut blend, when I stumbled upon this gem and I had to laugh. Who knew the pressure was on to crack the iphone of its ATT shackles. I love the photo, and it just seems to validate the stereotype. It's interesting though. While in my mind, I would have pictured a hacker like THIS..., this new breed of hacker, thanks to the emergence of Apple and all its i-this&that, hip new technology, is sort of a romanticized version of geek & rock star. A hybrid of Bill Gates crossed with Vinny Chase if you will. If I'm having tech trouble with the latest Best Buy gadget, and I give The Geek Squad a jingle, this kid is pulling up to your house in the black & white beetle... right? It sort of says something about what's become cool in America these days.

No comments: